Thursday, May 31, 2012

A One Pan Meal


I have been harboring a secret.

I have had this weird pan in my foot for about 2 months 
and I didn't want anyone to tell me that I couldn't
wear my Vibram 5 Fingers anymore, so I
just kept ignoring it.



Coupled with the usual weird twisty feeling I always have in my knee and
a tightness in my hip, my acupuncturist convinced me to go see
Steve Curtin, a well known Osteopath in Blue Hill

Guess what?!  It isn't the shoes!!
My whole right side is twisted from standing funny for EVER
in restaurants.  And.  He can fix me!!


I came home elated, tired and hungry.
I wanted a really quick, easy, delicious comforting meal

I had defrosted some chicken breasts that morning,
 had some sweet potatoes, 
a few shallots (could easily have been red or white onion)
 and broccoli all in the house,

so I layered them in a roasting pan, seasoned them
with salt, pepper and some rosemary - I used two sprigs of
fresh, but you could use 1 teaspoon of dried -
 I drizzled it all with a bit of olive oil


Then, I sprinkled the chicken breasts with salt, granulated garlic and a bit of dried thyme
I browned them nicely in a skillet (whoops that is technically two pans)
and laid them on top of the veggies


To add a bit of moisture to the pan as it would roast I 
threw about a 1/2 cup of white wine into the skillet and did a bit of deglazing.
It could have been water or even orange juice, whatever you have on hand.

I drizzled this over everything, hit it with a few splashes of red wine vinegar
 and popped it into a 375 degree oven


I basted it every 10 or 15 minutes to make sure everything was
staying moist and cooked it a total of 35 minutes, until the potatoes
were tender and the chicken temped at 165 degrees.

I let it sit for 15 minutes and voile, dinner was on the table
One pan, lots of flavor and not a ton of effort.

Perfect
And, my foot doesn't hurt today

Enjoy!
Kyra

No comments:

Post a Comment