Thursday, April 12, 2012

Goat's cheese and Roasted Asparagus


Last night was the first official gathering of a Wednesday evening
runners/walkers group, thought up by our early morning exercise group.

I ran until I couldn't breathe and walked until I could, proud of 
myself for making it around the 3 mile loop with some dignity.

It was a gorgeous spring evening and we were rewarded by this
lovely sunset and some great ending conversation.  I am continually
amazed at having TIME to do things like this.

That was all great until I woke up this morning and felt
like someone had run me over with a truck.
I hope it gets better.



I am catering a small shower for a friend on Saturday and
went to my neighbor's (The Red Barn Farm) to
pick up some goat cheese. 

Donna and Marsden just finished their new barn this winter and
it is a peach.  The color is fabulous - Ben Moore, Cottage Red- 
and I always feel so fortunate when I'm asked to come
into where the animals are and take a peak

Seven babies were born 5 weeks ago and I had the chance to
pet them and watch them play today


This is Lily - one of the new Mom's-
She's been making goat cheese for Lily's Cafe for years now 





There is something so peaceful for me in this barn.
The timelessness of it

The sweet smell of hay, the animals
just doing their thing and a chance to catch up
with Donna and hear some great stories.

It just slows me down and I experience such gratitude




I noticed that Renee had brought some asparagus home
last night from the Co op and I thought I would share
my recipe for how I cook them since
the bounty of fresh asparagus is almost upon us here

This is simple, quick and really delicious

Enjoy!
Kyra

Roasted Asparagus with Champagne Vinegar

Set your oven to 450 degrees

Snap off the tougher bottom part of the stems of the asparagus
 and line them up on a baking tray

Drizzle them with olive oil and toss them lightly to coat,
Sprinkle with sea salt and just a touch of granulated garlic

Place in hot oven and roast for 4-7 minutes, just until they
begin to color and are crisp tender

Remove them from the oven, place them on a serving platter
and sprinkle lightly with champagne vinegar

A dash of freshly ground black pepper finishes them off nicely

And yes, I think some fresh goat cheese would be wonderful dotted on top :-)

Yum








No comments:

Post a Comment