Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Quilt for Friends

Last night I experienced the true wonder of friendship and quilts.

In a cozy, candle lit home, almost 30 of us gathered to welcome friends
just returning from Ethiopia with their beautiful 15 month old adopted daughter.


We had been asked in January to each make a block for a quilt
to give in celebration of this wondrous occasion.
It was so awesome to be part of this.  Everyone coming together,
the blend of all our personalities, the bonding......and then


to experience the true delight from this little girl seeing the quilt
 is almost beyond words for me.
She was totally taken in by it, exploring it with all her senses,
hands touching and spirit shining. 

 I will no longer wonder if all our efforts
of creating from our hearts make a difference.
Simply put, they just do.



Here is one more picture from the kitchen we've been putting together.
Granite is in, fixture is hung, we are waiting for the knobs, but
the faucet is in, as well as the tile backsplash, artwork is hung and they are moving in.
I will have completed pictures soon.

Enjoy your day!

I'm off to celebrate a snow day by roasting a chicken and starting
an Amy Butler Cosmo bag.
I'll let you know how it all turns out tomorrow.
Kyra

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a beautiful post, Kyra. That bit about creating from the heart made me cry a little. That's a great story... and a lovely quilt and a lovely sentiment.

    I can't wait to see your Cosmo Bag. I quite liked that pattern.

    I celebrated my snow day by cleaning, doing a little bit of hand-sewing, getting my sewing room in ship shape, making some of YOUR chicken noodle soup (Ollie looked through the cookbook and requested that first and foremost... I've just tasted some here and there but WOW it tastes good) and pretty soon I'm going to make my THIRD Lily's Chocolate Layer Cake... yikes!!!

    Can't wait to see you again. I'll send you an e-mail soon about the Antiques Fair. I'm all in!

    XO,

    Rhea

    ReplyDelete