Thursday, July 5, 2012

Lobster, Potatoes and a Good time


I had such a wonderful time yesterday, I hope you all did too.

We were invited to a lovely picnic after the island's parade
and then dinner with friends that night with a killer view to watch the fire works

I have to admit it.  I've been trying to avoid social obligations
in the summer for 15 years.
Hundreds of people in the cafe, 12 hours a day, 5 days straight
By the time the 4th came around I really just wanted to curl up on the back
porch and read a book.

But this year was different.  I was craving the company.
Excited about it
And so so grateful that invitations had been extended.

Feeling relaxed all day, really jubilant to see so many people that
I haven't had an opportunity to connect with, it was so nice.

Really nice.  And the food was good too!

I didn't want anyone to think I'd lost my touch with the cafe closed,
 so I tried to bring something special to the picnic.
  Tickled pink I was, to hear rave reviews.

LOBSTER AND POTATO SALD

This is simple and delicious.  It's best if you make it a few hours before serving
so the flavors have a chance to meld and settle.
Adjust your salt and pepper one last time before serving.

Salad:
Approximately 1 lb fresh lobster meat, cut into large chunks
1 pound new red potatoes, cut into 1 inch chunks
1/2 cup sliced green onion
Boil the potato pieces in salted water until just tender all the way through
Drain and allow to cool to room temp
Place lobster, potatoes and green onion in a large bowl and toss to combine

Dressing:
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp curry powder
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend on high until nice and creamy

Pour dressing over salad and toss lightly, but well, to coat entirely
Let stand a few hours in fridge if you can and adjust salt and pepper.
I didn't have any, but it would be nice to garnish this with freshly chopped parsley when serving

Enjoy your day!
Kyra





No comments:

Post a Comment