Friday, July 20, 2012

Grilled Flatbread



So simple and SO good
I made a ton yesterday and threw them in the freezer
for Sunday.  I can just warm them up on the grill
as I make my sandwiches


Here is the recipe in case you want to try your hand
Maybe you'll make a grilled pizza or something crazy like that :0)
Have a wonderful day!

GRILLED FLATBREAD

1 1/3 cups unbleached flour
1/2 tsp instant yeast
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 cup warm (@110degrees) water
1 T olive oil

Combine the flour, yeast and salt in a bowl
(I was making big batches so I used my Kitchen Aid, but simple to do by hand if small batch)
Add oil to warm water and pour into flour mixture
Stir to create a dough
Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 2 minutes
Place dough in an oiled bowl, lightly cover and put in a warm place to rise to double its size  
This took about 30 minutes, maybe 40
Meanwhile, heat your grill
Punch risen dough down, divide into balls - you can decide how big you want them
Using a bit of olive oil on each side, flatten ball into a 1/8 thick round with your fingers or a rolling pin
Grill over hot coals until cooked, about 2 minutes per side
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment