Monday, September 23, 2013

Late Summer Sausage


OMG.  I cannot stop eating.
And cooking.
There is so much good stuff coming out of my garden!
Pair that with the bounty everywhere else and
let's just say I'm grateful for my exercise group tomorrow morning

This morning I discovered that all the green tomatoes
 I had picked are ripening

So for lunch I made Jovial brown rice Capellini
and tossed it with fresh basil, tomatoes, Spruce Hill Farm goat cheese
and olive oil


Then for dinner tonight I celebrated growing my first ever Cauliflower
by roasting it with apples, red onion, garlic and thyme



and served it with homemade sausage that celebrates
this late summer food insanity


Besides being delicious, ancho chili powder is a key
ingredient and I know many of you just bought some
to make my latest chicken recipe
So, I thought I'd share!

 

LATE SUMMER PORK SAUSAGE PATTIES

1 T chopped fresh sage
1 tsp dried marjoram (or 1 T fresh, chopped)
1 + tsp Kosher salt (to taste)
3/4 -1 tsp Ancho Chili Powder
1/2 tsp ground fenugreek
1/3 cup chopped sweet onion, or scallions
1/2 cup dried cherries or cranberries 
( I like cherries in this better)
 a bit of freshly ground black pepper
1 lb. organic ground pork
 (mine is from Old Ackley Farm of course)

I mix everything but the pork together first and then
mix in the pork - gently - or you will make the 
sausage tough.

Shape into small patties, I usually get 11 or 12
and pan fry in a bit of coconut oil until
nicely browned and cooked through.

Enjoy!

Kyra








No comments:

Post a Comment