Friday, March 22, 2013

Champagne Taste


Well, it looks like it is going to be a few more weeks before I 
can plant my peas :)

That's okay, I'm in western Massachusetts right now
at a New England Secondary School Consortium

I'm wearing the collaborative community member hat and
enjoying spending time with nine others from Deer Isle-Stonington.
Especially the two students that are with us 
They taught me how to play Xbox last night - my first time!
Too fun


Knowing I would be trapped around industrial food for two days
I have brought a cooler full of goodness to sustain me.

My favorite go-to travel food is a bean salad with veggies
in a champagne vinaigrette.
The dried beans are from my garden - Aren't they beautiful?


Protein, veggies and a non-spoiling nature - perfect
Some guacamole, chips, granola, hard boiled eggs and raw brownies
I am all set!

BEAN SALAD WITH CHAMPAGNE VINAIGRETTE

1 cup of your favorite dried beans, cooked in salted water and drained
1 good sized cucumber, diced
1 carrot, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup champagne vinegar (brown rice vinegar works too)
1/4 -1/3 cup good extra virgin olive oil
1 T Ume vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste

Place the beans, veggies and parsley in a bowl and combine
Put the vinegars, oil and seasoning in a jar
 Shake to emulsify
Pour over bean mixture, toss and let stand for 1 hour
Taste for salt and pepper and enjoy!

The conference is calling,
 enjoy your day
Kyra



No comments:

Post a Comment