Thursday, September 20, 2012

A New Beginning


A certain kind of calm has settled for me in the last few days


It was 48 degrees last night and as I walk thru the gardens I can feel the plants
slowing down, breathing a sigh,
satisfied with what they have produced and ready for a respite


That is how I always feel in Autumn
satisfied, quieted, nestled in and grateful


People often talk about this time of year as an ending,
touting spring as the harbinger of "new"


But I have always felt a sense of beginning as the colors and days
deepen and darken


A chance to recreate, with a little time to feed your soul
and open up to the next path or open door


I begin this autumn knowing I will not be re-opening Lily's Cafe, as it was.

 I am ready to try something else, wander a different
lane and continue this journey of letting go that I am on.  


I am ever so grateful for the chance to continue.
  For the beautiful, beautiful creations I have to look back on,
and for the hope I feel as I am creating anew.

I hope you will continue on this journey with me, 
I love your company
and there is so much more to come.

I would also like to share my affirmation for today with you, 
the words and energy seem so right;

"Those who are fearful to show what they have inside get caught up in a dichotomy that strangles
their entire intentions.  The downward spiral keeps them on edge.  That flight or fight
posture keeps their bodies and minds rigid and on constant alert.
This is the way of the fearful and this is not living.
It is not easy to know, when in this mindset, that choosing thoughts of relaxation
can bring you back to a more grounded sense of being.
Breathing deeply, full bellied with intention, can bring you back to a place
where life experiences can be more smooth and enjoyable.
It truly is possible to find joy.
You can start by letting go."
-Jovius

Enjoy your day
Kyra

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about fall being the beginning and not the end... you took the words right out of my mouth. Such a special time of year this is.

    I bet it felt good to get that all down in writing, didn't it?

    Loved the pictures of your gardens (especially the pretty, pretty eggplant). Have a great weekend and I can't wait to see you again sometime soon!

    XO,

    Rhea

    ReplyDelete