Friday, July 27, 2012

Roasted Beets


Hi All!

I harvested my first full size beets from the garden this week
and had the grill going for some more flatbread for a wedding
I am catering tomorrow

So when I was done with the bread I shoved the coals to either side
making a pocket of indirect heat

Laid the beets on foil, drizzled them with olive oil,
sprinkled with Maldon's Sea Salt and threw in a bunch
of fresh rosemary and thyme

Wrapped it all up and put them on the grill with the lid closed


In about 40 minutes I had these delicious roasted beets

Once cool, the skin slips right off


I quartered them, tossed them with some cassis vinegar, hazelnut oil, a little salt and pepper
and served them with this delicious goat cheese I had
bought that day at Blue Hill Wine Shop

Gorgeous!!


And delicious!

Now, off for some more wedding cooking.

I am having the best time,
 all fresh local foods,
in Lily's by myself,
 the tunes cranked up...

I'll keep you posted

Enjoy your day!
Kyra

p.s. I have edited my GF almond cake recipe with Strawberry sauce
I have made it a lot and tweaked it so it is just right

No comments:

Post a Comment