Wednesday, July 10, 2013

White Gazpacho

Last night was part two of the
 wine and food adventure with Chris Campbell

 Lily's House hosted its first
"Chef's Dinner"


I piled 12 willing patrons around the bar and front kitchen
for an interactive evening of wine and food


Everyone said they had such a good time!


 The white gazpacho was a refreshing hit and
I've included the recipe in this post


We had Socca (chickpea flatbread with lobster
that Renee and I caught that morning!  on top of
goat cheese and fresh basil


The best part was getting to use veggies from
my garden on the polenta dish
with little chicken meatballs and a vegetable broth



Delicious!

Chocolate Sweet Potato Donuts with
homemade Vanilla Ice Cream for dessert
And a wonderful (gluten free) evening had by all

One last thought before the recipe:

 I receive so many kind words from you all about
this blog and I would like to say thank you 
I feel so fortunate in my life and my little place
on this special island.  I am very grateful to have you share 
all these moments with me.

WHITE GAZPACHO

1 cup seedless green grapes, sliced in half
3 T chopped fresh dill
2 cucumbers, peeled and diced
1 firm tart apple like granny smith - peeled, cored and diced
3 scallions, sliced thinly
1 1/2 cups yogurt
1 1/2 cups cold water
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
1/2 tsp aleppo pepper
a dash of Ume vinegar
Salt and black pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients
Remove half the solids and place in a food processor - not a blender
Pulse briefly and stir back into soup.
Chill for 2 hours before serving.

I was going to garnish with slices of radish, but forgot to!

Enjoy
Kyra

No comments:

Post a Comment