Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Simple

There are moments when I think -

Wouldn't it be easier if I just joined the masses?
What if I stopped worrying about where my food came from
or the effect our corporate food practices have on
us as a whole, including our planet



Then I see a picture like this in a lovely coffee table book
about kitchens that a friend was so kind to give me.

The simplicity sings to me.  Look at the fresh ingredients
and the beautiful soup they are enjoying from them.

I know, I'm a little crazy, but the idea of SIMPLE
has just been renewing my spirit lately.

Each time I simplify;
 my life, my thoughts, my goals, my expectations
I am filled with a feeling of joy and possibility

Maybe its the pile of seeds I ordered from Fedco last night,

or the menu I'm planning for Dinner/Theatre night at Lily's that
highlights chicken raised 30 minutes away from me with no GMO's

or the fact that its February and snowing

but it feels like everything can be okay and 
easier isn't always better.


I've also set the date for my Spring Quilting Weekend 
April 19th -21st at Lily's House
$250 for the weekend, snacks, lunches, design wall and instruction
for three days, all included
Not to mention all the joy that comes with settling down and
quilting for three days with old and new friends.
Feel free to contact me if you would like more information or to register.


Enjoy your day!
And, as always, thank you for listening
Kyra


  


No comments:

Post a Comment