Monday, December 3, 2012

A Night Away


Usually I am not a huge lover of this Holiday season
But no cafe to run, light snow, holiday lights in downtown Portland
and meeting up with friends for the evening
definitely filled both Renee and I with a festive spirit


We started with lunch at Eventide.
For the life of me I can not remember who told me to go here
But I will be forever grateful


Located across the street from Duck Fat,
in the space that used to be the cool cookbook store,
they feature oysters, crudo (cold) dishes, 
an imaginative menu with new takes on old favorites
and a pretty hip crowd of young and old alike


We tasted a bunch of small plates, all good,
my favorite being this crab salad on pickled cukes with 
a ginger vinaigrette of sorts

 

for a poke around

 

Wouldn't these lights look fab over a kitchen island?


Of course we couldn't leave without something and Alice,
 the owner, was there - so it was like a double treat 

A bit of shopping in the Old Port - Renee bought me a new mandoline
by OXO which I am excited about and a cutting glove so I
don't cut my fingers off!

A wine tasting at Brown and Co. and then dinner
with friends at Emilitsa, a greek restaurant on Congress St.
that we had a very generous gift certificate to from
satisfied design clients



We ended the evening with a drink and great conversation at 
Grace, an old church which is now a restaurant and bar


This led to some interesting discussions of freedom from traditions
which is how I have decided to look at Christmas etal.

I can celebrate December in a way that fills my soul,
it doesn't have to look like what everyone else chooses to do.

Happy Monday!
Kyra

No comments:

Post a Comment