Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A few design moments


I've been meaning to share these little bursts of inspiration
with you all for weeks, but jeez, where is the time going?
I know I keep saying that - but I am really looking forward to gaining
that hour on Sunday


I saw this photo of a carpet sample display in some exotic place
and cannot wait to use it as the design base for my next quilt

Then, my friend Becky - designer extraordinaire-
was telling me about a fireplace she did in a house redo located
on the shores of oyster fishing heaven in Connecticut

She said she placed each shell herself and found the awesome
old barn beam for the mantel among some rubble


How cool is this?!!!!
I love it and the room's neutral palette surrounding the masterpiece
makes the whole thing glow

And,  I finally have had some success with what to do with my curved wall
 and foyer space upstairs at Lily's


While cleaning out my office I found these two black frames
 with an inch of dust on them.
Quick art! Those sweet little birds on the vine are pieces
of fabric that I fussy cut

Then I found these scrolly wall sconces at TJ Max
(on clearance, because who else would buy them?)

Add two neat old cupboards that gave me crazy amounts of
storage space so I could store all the stuff that was cluttering my karmic walkways


And I'm pretty happy with the results


Now if I could find some cool old banister I'd be all set

Hope you are all well and enjoying yourselves
Kyra


No comments:

Post a Comment