Sunday, December 15, 2013

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow


On Friday, the lovely Donna from Horsepower Farm brought me this year's supply
of freshly ground lamb, Renee picked up our pig from Old Ackley Farm on Wednesday,
Parsnips, Sunchokes, Butternut Squash, all from the garden,
Fresh eggs from my BFF .... 
I headed home loaded with the promise of a good old fashioned snow storm


Last night I cracked open a bottle of wine, along with two of my new favorite cookbooks
Jerusalem by Ottolenghi / Tamimi
and Home Made by Yvette Van Boven
and cooked up a storm!


Creamy Sunchoke soup with "fried" parsnips and mushrooms
from Home Made


Inspired by Jerusalem,  a delicious concoction of spiced lamb, sumac, 
roasted butternut squash and lemon yogurt sauce 

Today; 
 Pork Belly in the oven with rosemary and garlic
Roasted Chicken to pick on during the football game
and
a new take on my Almond Cake with quinoa flour and cocoa powder,
I've included the recipe below


I love this time of year for so many reasons

Not the least being the time we receive to celebrate the
miracles of our lives and the gifts in our hearts

I honor with such awe and gratitude
my connection with all that is and all that we are

Here's to a wonderful season of celebration,
however you choose to enjoy it.

With love,
Kyra

Gluten Free Chocolate Almond Cake

2 cups almond meal
 (I use the meal from making my almond milk)
1 cup + 2 T quinoa flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1 1/2 T baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt

1/2 cup + 2 T coconut oil, melted
3/4 cup brown rice syrup
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 can coconut milk
1 T vanilla extract

Grease a 9" springform pan with butter

Place all the dry ingredients in a large bowl,
whisk to mix well
In a separate bowl, whisk all the wet ingredients
until smooth and completely combined
Pour wet into dry and stir to combine completely
Pour into prepared pan
Bake in a 350 degree oven until
moist crumbs come out on a toothpick 
when tested for doneness
Approximately 25 - 30 minutes

Enjoy!












No comments:

Post a Comment