Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Here I am!


While visiting with a friend a few weeks back she described
a recent meal in a local restaurant as 
"adequate"
The word filled me with sadness for some reason and
I've been thinking about it ever since

My goal has always been 'Extraordinary!'
Even my failures have been spectacular


It means editing the adequate out
and rejoicing in things that make your heart sing

There have been so many of those moments this summer
both at Lily's and in my personal life;

The Oyster Fest! topping it all

 

The success of my Farmhouse Lunches


My extraordinary crew!


The private parties 


Betsy's Sunflower Shop wanting to sell my aprons after the craft show


Having time to experiment with technique
(After reading a Bon Appetite article I roasted my eggplant
directly on the coals - it produced an outrageously delicious
smoky flesh that I paired with greek yogurt and sumac over pasta)


My garden


Scoring these chairs at TJ Maxx


 Having time to nurture friendships


And the extraordinary passing of DOMA, giving me the
 right to legalize my partnership with
Renee, someone I have spent the last 17 years with,
creating all these spectacular successes and failures

Extraordinary doesn't have to be complicated
It is as simple as a smile, if your whole heart is in it.

Kyra

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to what looks like a summer filled with love and good food. Your blog is an inspiration to me. Your pictures make my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete