Sunday, June 2, 2013

You're So Vain


I had to laugh at myself yesterday.

The black flies are bad this year, both at the house
and at Lily's and I was forced to pull out the old bug baffler.


Here's a selfie to give you an idea what I'm talking about.

Last year at this time I was gardening in the rain in my pajamas
with the phone repair man in the yard and that didn't seem to bother me.

Yesterday, in full bug baffler garb, anytime I heard a car going
by the house I ducked behind the hedge!

I guess anyone's vanity can be challenged


In between all of this vain behavior I managed to mulch
all my flower beds at home with straw.

I'm pretty psyched.  Weed suppression, water retention,
natural soil feeder, fun to work with and inexpensive 
-who cares if the yard looks like a stable-
Thank you Ruth Stout.


So, my spring chores are pretty much under control now
and vain or not, I'm having a wonderful time.


Radishes are ready in the garden

The summer's first Rosé has been shared on the rooftop deck

Farmhouse Lunches start this Thursday

Quick Bite cooking classes are the best!
 -this week is Gluten Free/Sugar Free baking, and next week is Grilling-

I'm planning a Pop Up Wine Bar for June 14th from 4pm-6pm
Come try some of the new wines I've found,
and share some of your stories with me!

I hope you have had a great weekend, and were
able to avoid being chewed to bits by bugs

Take care of yourselves,
Kyra


1 comment:

  1. Oh those radishes... just give me some butter and French bread

    ReplyDelete